For the latest information on the Coruna virus
For Health advice:
For Business Support:
West Sussex County Council:
Mid Sussex District Council
Business Support and ventilators - 0300 456 3565
HMRC - 0800 015 9559
Universal Credit - 0800 328 5644
School Closures - 0800 046 8687
NHS - 111.nhs.uk if you cannot get help online call 111
Support in Bolney
Bolney Volunteers in conjunction with Bolney parish Council.
9am – 9pm
Shopping, delivering medicine etc
Leaflets are being delivered to every person in the parish
Support in Burgess Hill
Shopping, collecting medicines etc
Burgess Hill Helper Army -
James - 075225 45840
Natalie - 07788 205708
Run by volunteers
Support in East Grinstead
Shopping, collecting medicines etc
01342 323636 option 1
9am - 4pm
Monday - Saturday from the 23rd March.
Run in conjunction with East Grinstead Town Council
The May Tree and East Grinstead Age UK
Support in Haywards Heath, Cuckfield and Lindfield
The HH Town Council Emergency number is 01444 455694 (9am – 5pm)
07384 289668 and email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Support including deliveries, picking up shopping and medication, posting mail, toppping up gas or electricity keys or a friendly phone call: 01444 635002
Following the recent closure of the Haywards Heath foodbank we are pleased to note that the foodbank will reopen for delivery only on Wednesday 8th April. This has been able to happen due to Haywards Heath Town Council and Mid Sussex District Council along with the Trustees of the Foodbank working together to ensure that the local community continues to be served during this crisis.
Coast to Capital - Local Enterprise Partnership
- The impact on the Coast to Capital area is acute: particularly because so many jobs relate to the airport and wider travel industries, and because we have so many services businesses that rely on discretionary spending by consumers. SMEs are prevalent in both sectors, which are grinding to a halt. Attached note sets this out in more detail.
- We welcome the Chancellor’s recent announcement and further commitments expected today. An effective intervention in our economy needs to provide both major support to corporates (as the Bank of England will now do) and appropriate targeted support for smaller businesses, entrepreneurs, social enterprises, charities, staff and the self-employed who are the mainstay of our regional economy.
- Businesses are acting fast to ensure their survival and redundancies and reducing hours is a big part of that. Our response needs to be equally fast.
- Coast to Capital working closely with small businesses across the region through our Growth Hub, which offers free advice and support to firms. Our major business at the moment is answering questions on the recent announcement and signposting people to further help.
- Coast to Capital, along with all other LEPs, is asking Government for increased regional funding which can target on this. We are asking for the Government to:
- Urgently release the extra funding for growth hubs announced at the budget. We would like to take on more staff immediately to ramp up our support
- Top up our Growing Places Fund – an existing way of providing direct support for regional businesses, which has been operating successfully for 10 years. This is a tried and tested way of getting money quickly into local businesses.
- Release extra £387m local growth fund announced in the budget, which can be used to invest in regional economy working closely with local authorities and wider public sector
- Repurpose the European Structural Funding to provide an urgent response to COVID. £70m of this is currently unallocated – it should be given to LEPs so that we can help address immediate regional challenges.
- Coast to Capital was last given funds to invest in 2017, and most of this is now fully allocated. However, we are urgently reviewing this allocation with a view to using any remaining money to support regional businesses to respond to COVID. Advice will come to the Board this evening.
- The LEP continues to work very hard for the region. Our 30 staff are working remotely, and we will continue to do so throughout the crisis. As a known and trusted partner to businesses across the region, we are an excellent way for Government to continue to provide support and investment into regional businesses.
Contact Coast to Capital Here:
Further contact information isbeing collated and will be posted here.