- Secure more funding for Mid Sussex's schools and support the new sixth form college.
- Back our local NHS and improve access to GP and dentist appointments.
- Campaign for improvements to local infrastructure to relieve road and rail congestion.
- Support local businesses, ensuring Mid Sussex has more high quality local jobs.
- Cut crime by ensuring Sussex Police receives its share of the 20,000 new police officers.
- Protect and enhance the environment and tackle climate change.
Backing jobs and local businesses. As Employment Minister I understand the importance of delivering and supporting a robust local economy with good employment opportunities.
Battling for our fair share of infrastructure improvements. I will support our local councils fighting over-development and improving on local affordable housing provision.
Better support for our community – investing in our schools, sixth form college, NHS, social care, our environment and backing our local police.
Chancellor Sajid Javid says:
Mims is a powerful and persuasive campaigner who you want in your team. She’s a caring and special politician who has a way with people. Above all, she is roundly respected because she gets things done.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson said when promoting Mims to Employment Minister:
You are the compassionate face of our great party and have a great track record of caring about and delivering on opportunities and equality.