This week the Member of Parliament for Eastleigh – and Minister with responsibility for Lotteries - Mims Davies, dropped in to meet with members of the National Lottery team to mark their 25th Birthday, and celebrate that the National Lottery has supported local projects across the Eastleigh area to the tune of over 80 MILLION POUNDS!
Commenting, Eastleigh MP and Minister for Sport and Civil Society Mims Davies said:
“I’ve always been a supporter of the National Lottery, not only because of the hope of winning – you’ve got to be in it to win it! – but also because of the huge amount that it gives back to communities like Eastleigh. This latest figure, a massive £80 MILLION spread across 491 projects across our area over the past 25 years is testament to that.
“Having been a carer to both of my parents, and former Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Carers, one great example of lottery money making an impact across our local community has been the One Community Carers Centre in Eastleigh which was granted over £300,000!
“As Minister for Sport, I’m also really pleased that a large amount of funding over the years has gone towards sports projects, reflecting how much people in our area value leading active lifestyles while supporting some of our key local community groups.
- A further breakdown of the figures for Eastleigh constituency can be seen below:
- Arts and Culture - £4,487,129 over 105 projects
- Community - £5,710,822 over 247 projects
- Film - £25,344 over 5 projects
- Heritage – £3,400,903 over 32 projects
- Sport - £66,482,033 over 102 projects
- One Community were granted over £300,000 to increase their provision of vital support and information for vulnerable Young Carers and Adult Carers. Empowering carers to better cope with the day to day challenges they face as they build their knowledge and confidence is vital to helping carers do their best to look after their loved ones.